Features and advantages of the direct drive for the cooling towers on the basis of the synchronous PM motor
The electric motor with direct drive:
– Eliminates the need for gear, an intermediate shaft, block of support bearings and connecting joints.
– Essentially simplifies the maintenance of equipment and provides improved reliability
– Reduces the impurities in the water by eliminating oil leakage from the gear
– Reduces power consumption
– Has the improved safety due to fewer rotating elements
– Waterproof motor body frame enables the installation directly in the wet air stream
– Eliminates the complex work on coordination of the rotating elements, allow quick installation and reduction of the cost of assembly of the fan installation
Bearings and hermeticity:
– Oversized bearings for increased service life of more than 10 to 100 000 hours.
– Application of consistent grease to extend the service life
– Cope with the axial load from the fan with increased reliability
– Proven insulation system Inpro / Seal with set dustproof ring on top
– Only one entry point
Rotational speed control:
– Designed specifically for use in cooling towers and can be set to the optimum speed of rotation.
– Control of permanent magnet motor without use of the position sensor or synchronizer
– Possibility of heating with a small current eliminates the need for additional space to accommodate the stator windings heaters
– No pre-start settings due to technology "coordinated functioning" of the motor and control system
– Possibility of soft start (controlled load)
– Energy savings and reduction of the mechanical stress on the system
– Improving reliability of the system and increasing of the service life
– Reduction of noise load
– Ability to optimize the temperature of the circulating water to optimize the compressor equipment work
– Possibility of slowdown by small currents and prevention of the fan rotation from the wind in the off mode.
– Ability to bypass the rotational speeds, at which a resonance of the system appears
The possibility of using MODBUS-RTU, MODBUS / TPC, EtherNet / IP, LonWorks, Metasys-N2, BACnet, DeviceNet protocol and PROFIBUS.
The ability to implement into existing automation systems